Monday, March 5, 2012

Sousical the Musical costumes

My daughter Hilari is a home room school mom, so as Glammas do, I helped make some costumes for their school play coming up next week. My mind went a million ways to go about making these hats as the kids are just wearing school t-shirts and they are going for a certain style. I ended up designing these fleece hats. The crazy bird has a craft foam beak glued to a pink $1 store hat.
I thought that elongating the Giraffe back of the hat would give a sense of tallness.
The Elephant is also glued onto a blue $1 store hat. I also put boning in the front of the Kangaroo's "pouch" to make it stick out a bit. We had to make multiples of several of these costume hats, so it has been crazy with fleece scraps around here!
Thanks for letting me brag!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are AMAZING!!! You're so inspiring.

Ammanda said...

Those really are amazing. Oh, to be able to create and not just copy...

Mary said...

I am absolutely in AWE!!!

Miss you ~
Mary