Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Melted Crayon Painting

I have always wanted to make one of these melted crayon paintings that you see all over pinterest and I thought it came out so good! I sprayed triple thick epoxy lacquer on top and that made the colors pop. This canvas is 24" by 8" by 2" deep and I painted the sides black.
I put it on top of the mantle above the fireplace in the kitchen next to a painting by one of my favorite artists Lee Kaster (her artwork in also at the AZ Art Alliance Gallery...fabulous stuff!) and some of my store front letters that I collect. (you really can't see the "K", but the letters represent "Dennis & Kelley Smith" Anyway, it was fun and easy. I think it will make a fun craft thing to do with the Glamchildren.

1 comment:

Kate said...

We did those at my 4-yr-old's Rainbow birthday party. They were a hit! So easy and fun to look at.