Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wickenburg Gold Rush Days!

Last Friday the 11th, was my glamson Xander's 11th birthday. He asked me if he and his cousin Blue could spend his birthday with me. OF COURSE! (who can say no! I know it won't be long till he will rather spend his time with more exciting people than his Ol' Grandma!) Being that it was Xander's GOLDEN birthday (turning 11, on the 11th AND in 2011) We went to Wickenburg's GOLD Rush Days. The morning started with an small town western parade. The Sun City Dancers proudly marched and shaked their artificial hips with enthusiasm! (actually, It is a goal of mine to join them when the time comes.) They were FABULOUS!
And this cow was amazing with it's crazy big horns. AND it was IN the car!
The boys tried their skills at some games in the carnival area. They had high hopes for winning a huge stuffed animal for me. It was a rude awakening for them to see how hard it actually was to win. They did however win a couple of smaller stuffed animals.
I could not go home without purchasing a real cowboy hat for each of them. They pooled their money together to buy the fake mustaches, which they wore for the rest of the weekend! Happy Birthday to my wonderful glamson!!!

4 comments:

The Williamses said...

That ROCKS!! What lucky glamsons-- and vice versa :-)

Adam and Anya said...

You wonderful Glamma! Those Sun City Dancers get me every time. LOL. I just don't have any words for those gals.

Nicole said...

This is a great post, especially the part about your grandson wanting to be with you on his birthday. That is awesome! You are a great example of the kind of grandparent I want to be.

Ammanda said...

I love the "shake their artificial hips" comment! That's my kind of humor....unfortunately? ;)