Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sneak Peak!

This week I am hosting my annual "Girlfriend Valentines Party". Each gal brings a box/basket/bag that they have decorated and 24 valentines. This year we have 3 categories of "winners". For the Valentine Box, there are a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place ribbon rosette award ribbons (made by me). For the Valentines, there is a rosette award ribbon for "Most Creative", "Most Sentimental" and "Most Tasty" (a friend thought I wrote "Most Trashy" at first...that may be a category for next year!)... and the lovely ladies are encouraged to dress in their Valentine Best, so I have made awards for "Best Old School" and "Most Over the Top". I have to say that I am proud of these ribbons. Thank heavens for Hobby Lobby's many 1/2 price ribbon bolt sales as each award rosette ribbon took approximately 4-6 yards each of 1/2" to 3" satin ribbon.
I will post the winners with their ribbons on Friday. Yeah for Valentines Day! (for my "not-so" but dearly loved "creatively challenged" friends, do not despair, a brown paper bag with your name on it and a box of $1 store valentines will do...) I can't wait!

1 comment:

Brin Coulter said...

You are my hero and my inspiration! I want to be as amazing as you someday! Your parties sound SO fun and you go all out -- that's my kind of life!