Thursday, April 15, 2010

Free Children's Bow Tie Pattern

For my Nephew's wedding in two weeks, my sister wanted all the little boys to wear bow ties. They are hard to find, topping that with needing 8 and in a certain color to match the little girl's dresses proved hard to do. So I looked online for patterns. Some were just too time consuming and I didn't want to order one, so I measured one of my glamson's ties and made up this pattern. I have used so many patterns that fabulous bloggers have shared, so it was time again to reciprocate... Here's my pattern for you to use and/or modify: (Oops! I acidentally put 5"x10" pieces in #1 of the instructions. It should be 5x7 1/2")
My Glamsons all LOVE to wear bow ties. I think they got it from their Glampa... (along with their ears.)

5 comments:

Kim and Jim said...

Thanks for the pattern! I've been looking for one of these for, of course, a wedding at the end of the month. This is perfect!
Kim

Unknown said...

Thanks for this pattern. I just cut out fabric for 3 varied bowties. I am excited to have my boy wear this on his first day of school. At 6-years-old, he is not conservative. But I think he will look great with a white shirt and Mohawk. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pattern. I have a question though. In step #1 it mentions two 5" x 10" pieces but the "You Need" section says two 5" x 7 1/2" pieces. Which size should they be?

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

This is brilliant, I have seen so many bow tie patterns, but I never thought to use ironing board fasteners. I hope to make this for Easter. Thank you!

Melissa @ Homegrown Catholics said...

Thanks for the bowtie pattern! Just what I needed for my little boy for an upcoming wedding.