Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Today ...

Above is my middle daughter Kelli's nursery for her very first baby due next month. Her husband Craig painted it and what a good job he did! Kelli is going to adhere jewels at the points of the harlequins.

("NEUTRAL" has never been a word in our family vocabulary....)
Today, I am finally going to start sewing together Kelli's baby nursery. The list to do is; curtains for the closet (instead of a door) the crib's quilt and dust ruffle ( I buy the dust ruffles if I can that "go" and add onto it so it touches the floor). I also buy the sheets. Then we will add our left over fabric onto baskets for storage. So there you go! and her I go off to the "sewing living room" (I have a designated sewing room mostly for storage, but that big 10 foot table in the living room works great.)

11 comments:

Mary said...

LOVE the wall. Love the colors. Am pretty darn fond of Kelli.

brookegfunk said...

Craig is the Michelangelo of nurseries! Its gonna look great and I cant wait for baby Daisy to sleep in there!

Mrs. Dub said...

Holy fabulous! I love the wall and all the fabrics. That is going to be one lucky li'l lady. I can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

LOVE the colors! Yummmmmmy. What fun you'll have with them. Almost makes me wish that Julianne would hurry up and have a baby. Almost. But not so much. In good time. Then... then... I'll make her something with colors like these!

By the way, I thought I'd share something with you. Know what you said about blogs and spell check over in my blog? After a long time suffering on the topic myself, I finally found out that Firefox automatically spell checks everything as you are typing it in. I was so jazzed once I learned it and have been hooked on it ever since.

:-)

Kelli and Craig said...

Thanks for helping me with the baby's room!! I am so excited to see how it turns out...and so excited for this baby to come out!!!

Unknown said...

Good job, Craig! That looks awesome! Kelley, Can't wait to see the finished product. I loved the last one you made.

Tanner Fam said...

She will definitely have brain stimuli!! I love the diamonds. I did that to our bedroom in our old home and miss it a bit. Better than a pottery barn nursery!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

He did a wonderful job! You OWN the word fabulous! Can't wait to see the finished room.

sara said...

Oooh, I see that you have dingleballs in the mix :) It will be fun to see the finished nursery!

Anonymous said...

As a artest myself - that wall in the room is loads of work and not as easy as one thinks - great Job -be thrilling to see it all put together... like the colors too! Kristeen

ginny said...

I can't even begin to imagine the time-consuming application of blue painter's tape that wall must have entailed. I'm impressed.