Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Last Few Days I have been Painting a Mural...

When we moved into this house, all the walls were a dark brown. Neutral and the trend, but way too boring for me personally. So....I painted and painted. I painted the kitchen a sunny mustard yellow, but the stove vent was uninteresting.
Wednesday I primed the vent white. and then proceeded to tape....

When Mr. Fabulous came home, he thought I was decorating the kitchen in a "circus" theme! (I could tell that He wasn't that happy, but He didn't say anything.)
On Friday, I did a little more by white-washing the whole thing and started to paint in the details....and today, Saturday, I finished it up!
I need to wait a few days to add more detail to the chickens as I used oil paints for that process and it needs to dry a bit more. I then plan on sealing the vent a few times so that it can be cleaned without worrying about taking off any paint. I love it!

7 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

amazing. and not a clown in sight.

Kate said...

I can't believe you just come up with these things and then create them... like it's no big deal. You are just amazing. I'm in awe!

Kelli and Craig said...

That looks awesome mom!! I love it!

Mary said...

Wow. I'm with Kate ... how do these things seem to so effortlessly go from your head to the finished product?

Of course, you may beg to differ on the "effortlessly" part.

Tanner Fam said...

If you ever run out of space, feel free to express yourself on my walls. You can make anything, including chickens, look great.

Joey and Megan said...

I think you should have gone along with the circus thing for a few days, just to play with his head.

Judd's said...

It looks amazing! I can't wait to come see it in person!