Monday, April 7, 2008

Beautiful "Half Doll" Birthday Gift

My Mom and Sister came over for dinner last night and my Mom surprised me with an early birthday present. She made this FABULOUS half doll for me. She did everything from cleaning the bisque, painting the porcelain, to sewing the body and amazing dress!
She is always quite concerned about choosing just the right fabric, notions and detail for each doll she makes, and it shows. I am just THRILLED to add this doll to my half doll collection. Every time I look at her I will remember my 50th birthday. (maybe that's not so good....) Oh well, what can you do... THANKS MOM! I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Hi! I have read your comment on Heather's blog and noticed that you are a half doll lover too, so I immediately popped over! Nice to meet you and your half doll! Your mum has done a terrific job!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

oh wow!! she is beautiful!!!!!What a special gift from your Mom.

MarySue said...

I've enjoyed peeking in and reading your blog. Now I'm out in the open so I can ask...please explain the term half doll.