Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Newly Decorated (and Organized) Computer Center




Our house has this "cubby" built-in for a TV and all it's components. Well, we have an armour for that so this space was a mystery as to what to do with it. On top of that, the desk and cabinets in the hall which I thought was a good place for the computer has no "hook ups". So until we figure out if we want to take this weird wall structure out and build out around the fireplace and get the proper electrical stuff done in the hall, I decided to "finish" this area a little so that it at least looks nice for now. I had a piece of wood cut at Home Depot and covered it with "pleather" and stapled a skirt all around. I then found some great boxes and other storage solutions in the $1 bin at Target and at (sound of the heavens rejoicing) Hobby Lobby. It looks cute now!

3 comments:

Kate said...

It looks WONDERFUL! My dream is to have a little computer center just like that someday.... with all matching storage boxes. I love it.

Mrs. Dub said...

man, now i want me a little space like that. you're too creative. you should really look into donating some of it to charity and/or me.

Anonymous said...

I love it! It looks amazingly cute!