Thursday, November 8, 2007

Oh Lucy, I'm Home!

Well, as many of my family and friends know, I don't cook. I say that because I simply do not find it fun. I loose track of what I'm doing and get bored really fast "watching the pot". So many things that I cook end up overcooked or burned as I forget that I need to be there in the kitchen. Anyway, recently I wanted to make some homemade rolls and buying frozen dough from the grocery store counts for me! I thought that the dough would not thaw out overnight. Then my Husband said that I should take the dough out of the bag to let it thaw out. Of course I didn't think He knew what he was talking about......need I say more?

9 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

just know you're not alone in this kind of curious culinary behavior.

i plead the fifth.

hilari said...

that is the coolest thing i have ever seen. so, did you end up making those gigantic bread loaves?

Mary said...

I once bought a bag of frozen rolls (of this same variety.) I got all the groceries out of the car ... except one thing. Oh yes. About 4 hours later I got into the car and sure enough, it smelled like a bakery.

I considered leaving it that way ... those scents at the carwash never even last until you get home so ... nope, I removed them.

Anonymous said...

I beg you to resist every urge you have in the kitchen deny every whim ,feeling, idea, thought, inspiration,or compulsion because while you are talented at just about eveything else el diablo is your temptress en la cucina!

Anonymous said...

that is the funniest thing to me! i read it about and hour ago and i am still cracking up!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahhahahahahhaha.......thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steph said...

love it! you and i are far too alike.

Kate said...

That is so funny. I always thought you could cook. You fooled me back at girls camp! Or did Pat Cederlof do all the food? :)

sara said...

Oh man, that exact same thing happened to me last summer when our fridge/freezer went out -- I'd moved all my frozen veggies to my sister's chest freezer, but I thought, "My Rhodes rolls will be fine in there for a couple days." Not long after that I discovered the same mess as yours, "melted" all over my freezer -- needless to say, my freezer was the cleanest it's ever been after I was finished with it!

Love the color of your Kitchenaid!