Friday, October 19, 2007

Slade to the Rescue!

My grandson Slade always has a "plethora" of advice on where and exactly how I should place all the Halloween decorations. I was babysitting the other night and Slade had an uncontrollable desire to "do a craft", so we decided to make a skeleton out of plain paper. I helped draw the leg and arm bones and a few other outlines, but He drew in the details, not to mention cutting out the majority of the bones.His scissor skills amaze me. He is actually much better at it than I am, at least He has more patience. Then Slade picked out the perfect spot for his skeleton. It is common for Slade to come running up to me and excitedly tell me of a grand idea how to make the eyes of a skull sparkle, or a pumpkin seem even more scary. His mind is always strumming up new and wonderful ideas. This is an example of the joy that all this "decorating and celebrating any ol' holiday stuff" brings into my life. I enjoy the time that my grandchildren spend with me and the way that they want to be a part of all the action.
Thinking about this simple experience with my grandson reminds me of the quote "Record the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slade is a wonderful helper and he has a sweet new joizy accent!The skeleton is cool and in the perfect spot!

Mrs. Dub said...

that's my SIL!

hilari said...

that post is exactly why you are the best grandma fabulous ever! they should make b.g.f. awards or something. we all know if it was any sort of contest, you would win.

Anonymous said...

That's so cute... and scary! I cant' wait to have my kids helping you with crafts and stuff and needing desperately to call glamma with a cool idea. You are the best mom and a wonderful glamma! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh....I love my Slade. and I love my Momma Marvelous!!